Click here for the VCF PNW 2019 Registration Form
Where: LCM+L (Living Computers: museum + labs), Seattle, Washington, USA
Load-in: Friday March 22nd, 2019
Public viewing: Saturday March 23rd and Sunday March 24th, 2019
Load-out: Sunday March 24th, 2019 (after public viewing ends)
Why be an exhibitor?
Because it’s fun …
Want some proof? Check out the archived event page from last year and this collection of photos.
How it works
Exhibiting your favorite vintage computing project at VCF Pacific Northwest can be fun and rewarding; besides sharing your work you will also meet others sharing their work and people who are enjoying the show and the museum. Here are some guidelines for how to be an exhibitor:
- All exhibits must have a theme. Examples of themes include focusing on a single computer and its ecosystem, concentrating on how a particular piece of software influenced the industry (or more!), a timeline for an important series of events, highlighting a particular class of hardware or software, etc. What we are trying to avoid is “Here is collection of my favorite <fill in the blank>” which can be interesting, but generally not at a VCF event.
- The majority of artifacts in your display must be up and working; we want these exhibits to be interactive and static/non-working hardware makes that more difficult. (We can make exceptions; just let us know in the ‘comments’ field of the registration form.)
- It is important that you have somebody at your table who can run the exhibit during the public open hours. People generally will pass by an unattended exhibit. All exhibitors will get two exhibitor badges so you can bring a helper, friend, etc. Hopefully the show will be very busy all day long, so bring snacks and drinks and be prepared to do a lot of talking.
- Exhibits are not intended to look like a flea market or swap meet. Exhibits are strictly limited to demonstrations. If you have something that you would like to sell please use the consignment area. Follow this link to find out how to use the consignment area: VCF Consignment FAQ and Forms
- We are expecting that having an exhibitor table at VCF PNW will cost $25 per table; the final price will be determined as we get closer to the event. Each table includes one VCF PNW T-shirt and two exhibitor passes. Chairs, power, and WiFi are provided by the museum. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit with a limited budget; the fee covers some of the expense of running the event. If the exhibitor fee is a barrier to you please contact us and we will work you.
- LCM+L museum admission is free for exhibitors during the days of the show. Bring a helper so you can take advantage of this!
- We encourage all exhibitors to also bring relevant articles, books, literature, posters, signs, etc.
- Further details on load-in time, load-out time, food options, etc. will be sent closer to show time. We use a Google Drive Doc to share this information so you can always visit the doc and see the latest information.
- Have a question? Email us and ask! We want to work with you to make your exhibit great, and to have a great show.
Want even more detail? See the VCF PNW 2019 Exhibitor’s FAQ.
Please visit the VCF PNW 2019 Registration Form by clicking on that link. All information collected via the forum will be kept private and used only for VCF PNW 2019 event planning.
We opened registration a little earlier than usual to give people plenty of advance notice, especially for those travelling from outside of the region. Registration will close in mid January 2019 so that we can work on floor layout, scheduling the speakers and events, etc. If you are able to please register as soon as you can make a strong commitment so that we can get a good read on what the show is going to look like. And don’t be shy about asking questions …
Please direct any questions to Michael Brutman (firstname.lastname@example.org)