Click for updated schedule
The consignment area allows people to buy and sell vintage computer related items during our VCF shows. Here is the quick version on how it works:
FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2023 5:00pm until 10:00pm. If you cannot make this time, you may also drop off during the time that consignment is open.
HOURS FOR CONSIGNMENT:
Saturday, April 15rd, 2023, 9:00am until 5:00pm
Sunday, April 16th, 2023, 9:00am until 4:00pm
Consignment will be located in the cafeteria of building 9010C. Entry is through the front door of building 9010D.
Here are links to the consignment sales forms, information on you, and how you wish to be paid:
Instructions for using the spreadsheet are in the document.
Please fill out the consignment sale sheet, as soon as possible, with all of the items listed that you wish to consign. You may also email back the consignment sheets to:
consign-east AT vcfed DOT org
or you may deliver the spreadsheet (in electronic format, please!) to us when you drop off your items. Priority will be given to submissions received earlier.
You must collect all of your unsold items on Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm sharp. Failure to pick up your items may result in VCF withholding payment for other items sold.
- Visitors to the show (other exhibitors included) will often stop by the consignment area looking for treasure. A VCF volunteer will handle the sales process. If your treasure sells, then VCF will keep 15% of the proceeds and pay the rest to you. The 15% commission goes to supporting VCF activities.
- If there is a free pile, then you must let one of the volunteer stuff know that you are putting it there and take home the item(s) by the end of the show.
- At the end of the show:
- If your treasure sells we’ll pay you.
- If your treasure does not sell you have to pick it up and take it home.
Tips for successful consignment sales:
- Items should have prices clearly labeled.
- Consignment sheets clearly filled out.
- Please indicate if the item is working or not, and if there are any known flaws. Known working items will sell for more.
- Consignment items are sold on an AS-IS basis, and the buyers will be made aware of that.
Please price your items reasonably; if you price something too high you will probably have to carry it home.
- We might have power available for testing or powering systems up. Assume that an interested buyer will want to power something up to see if it works. If you do not want power applied to an item please let us know.