Click for updated schedule
If you are interested in selling items, then please e-mail email@example.com
Consignment forms should be sent by Thursday, April 13 at 11PM. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
The consignment area allows people to buy and sell vintage computer related items during our VCF shows. Here is the quick version on how it works:
FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2023 5:00pm until 10:00pm. If you cannot make this time, you may also drop off during the time that consignment is open.
HOURS FOR CONSIGNMENT:
Saturday, April 15rd, 2023, 9:00am until 5:00pm
Sunday, April 16th, 2023, 9:00am until 4:00pm
Consignment will be located in the cafeteria of building 9010C. Entry is through the front door of building 9010D.
We will email you the consignment sale Google Sheet, as soon as possible. Please fill it out quickly with all of the items listed that you wish to consign or you fill out the Google Sheet on our laptop at the consignment location where you drop off your items. Priority will be given to submissions received earlier.
Your submitted Google sheet will be used to populate our point-of-sale inventory as well as generate barcode labels for you to apply to your merchandise upon arrival.
You must collect all of your unsold items on Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm sharp. Failure to pick up your items may result in VCF withholding payment for other items sold and will prevent you from consigning at future VCFs.
- Visitors to the show (other exhibitors included) will often stop by the consignment area looking for treasure. A VCF volunteer will handle the sales process. If your treasure sells, then VCF will keep 18% of the proceeds and pay the rest to you. The 18% commission goes to supporting VCF activities like our museum, warehouse, outreach events, educating.
- If there is a free pile, then you must let one of the volunteer staff know that you are putting it there and take home the item(s) by the end of the show.
- At the end of the show:
- If your treasure sells we’ll pay you.
- If your treasure does not sell you have to pick it up and take it home.
Tips for successful consignment sales:
- This year the item labels we print for you will include price, so separate labeling with item price is not required.
- Consignment Google Sheets clearly filled out.
- Please indicate if the item is working or not, and if there are any known flaws. Known working items will sell for more.
- Consignment items are sold on an AS-IS basis, and the buyers will be made aware of that.
- Please price your items reasonably; if you price something too high you will probably have to carry it home.
- We might have power available for testing or powering systems up. Assume that an interested buyer will want to power something up to see if it works. If you do not want power applied to an item please let us know.
- If you need to change the price you, then *must* inform the consignment staff about any prices changes. A new label will be printed for the item(s).
- You are expected to be able to lift all of your items yourself without help. Don’t bring items that you can’t move yourself.