Note: Consignment is open during show hours only. Consignment load-in may be done in advance, but no sales until the show is open.
Consignment load-in is Thursday (for 2023) after 5PM and each show day before the show opens (10AM on Friday, 9AM on Saturday).
Consignment will close for sales at 3:30PM on Saturday.
The consignment area allows people to buy and sell vintage computer related items during our VCF shows. Here is the quick version on how it works:
- Download and fill out a “Consignment Sale Sheet (for you to fill out)” This sheet tells us who you are, what you are selling, and what the price for each item is. The instructions for using the sheet can be found the “Consignee Address and Payout Information”
- Drop off your items during the designated time before the show opens. This is Friday after 5:00 PM and each day before the show starts. You must have every item that you drop off clearly listed on your consignment sale sheet or we will refuse to accept it.
- If you are not sure how to fill out the form e-mail: VCF West Consignment (email@example.com).
- Visitors to the show (other exhibitors included) will often stop by the consignment area looking for treasure. A VCF volunteer will handle the sales process. If your treasure sells, then VCF will keep 18% of the proceeds and pay the rest to you. The 18% commission goes to supporting VCF activities. Please note, we have made a modest increase to this fee to cover our increased costs in putting on the VCF Shows.
- At the end of the show:
- If your treasure sells we’ll pay you.
- If your treasure does not sell you have to pick it up and take it home.
Tips for successful consignment sales:
- Items should have prices clearly labeled.
- Consignment sheets clearly filled out.
- Please indicate if the item is working or not, and if there are any known flaws. Known working items will sell for more.
- Consignment items are sold on an AS-IS basis, and the buyers will be made aware of that.
Please price your items reasonably; if you price something too high you will probably have to carry it home.
- We might have power available for testing or powering systems up. Assume that an interested buyer will want to power something up to see if it works. If you do not want power applied to an item please let us know.