Updated September 5, 2021.
Exhibit Registration is full, but you can be on the waiting list as there is always one or two spots that open up for various reasons.
The Exhibitor FAQ is here.
The two suggested (but not required) themes for this year are:
1) The IBM PC and its legacy and
2) Text Adventure Games
We will be an in-person show this year!
Exciting news!!! Starting this year we are not charging for exhibitor tables!
We acknowledge the significant effort exhibitors put forth in creating and presenting exhibits that are vital to the success of the event!
Keep in mind that this is an application and your submission will be considered for inclusion. We may ask you for clarifying information, so please provide as much information as possible.
Deadline for registering your exhibit is September 8, 2021
Exhibitor dates are October 9 & 10, 2021 from 8AM to 5PM. October 8 is VCF university and the setup date for exhibitors.
RULES FOR EXHIBITING:
1. All exhibits must have a theme (examples: a timeline, all accessories for your favorite single computer, systems of a certain CPU, systems of a certain category, your favorite software, something homebrew, etc.) — the key is to avoid a table of random things.
2. Try to be at your table as much as possible. We suggest that you can bring a partner for your exhibit to be able to take breaks or listen to a speaker. We frown on unstaffed exhibit tables. That said, you are there to enjoy the show as well.
3. Within reason, most/all of your demo should be up-and-running. VCF East is a hands-on event.
4. Exhibits must be present for both days of the exhibit hall and the entire scheduled exhibit times. Exhibits are not allowed to be set up after the event opens to the public nor taken down before the event closes, unless you have prior approval from the showrunner Jeffrey Brace. Please follow these rules.
5. Strive to make your exhibit look good. Include posters, literature, manuals, accessories, and so forth. But keeping these things simple is also good: don’t worry about spending a lot of money.
6. It is free to exhibit at VCF East. Just let us know, in the form below, how much space you will need. There is no formal limit to the number of tables you can reserve, however VCF East management will evaluate your request vs. available space and the items you wish to display.
7. Bonus rule! HAVE FUN. It’s fine if your exhibit is simple, for example “GEOS 2.0 for the Commodore 64”, or if others are doing similar themes. Just do your best to make it special and to reflect your own interests and personality.
If you have any specific questions not answered here e-mail the showrunner: vcfeast AT vcfed.org