Note: Consignment is open during all days of VCF events except at VCF East (New Jersey) where it’s open only on the second/third days.
The consignment area allows people to buy and sell vintage computer related items during our VCF shows. Here is the quick version on how it works:
- Download and fill out a Consignment Sale Sheet. This tells us who you are, what you are selling, and what the price is for each item. Here are instructions for using the sheet.
- Bring your items during the designated time before the show opens. This will be Saturday morning (specific hours to be determined). You must have every item that you dropped off clearly enumerated on your consignment sale sheet.
- Visitors to the show (other exhibitors included) will often stop by the consignment area looking for treasure. A VCF volunteer will handle the sales process. If your treasure sells, VCF will keep 15% of the proceeds and pay the rest to you. The 15% commission goes to supporting VCF activities.
- At the end of the show:
- If your treasure sells we’ll pay you.
- If your treasure does not sell you have to pick it up and take it home.
Tips for successful consignment sales:
- Items should be clean and presentable. We want people to be excited or fascinated when looking at consignment items.
- Please indicate if the item is working or not, and if there are any known flaws. Known working items will sell for more so it is in your interest to test them.
- Consignment items are sold on an AS-IS basis, and the buyers will be made aware of that.
VCF shows have sold some big-ticket items (more than $1500) and many small ticket items ($5 to $10). Please price your items reasonably; if you price something too high you will probably have to carry it home.