There are two seats becoming vacant and nominations are now open.
Ian Primus – *Nominated by Adam Michlin*
Alex Jacocks – *Nominated by Jeff Brace*
Tony Bogan – *Nominated by Dean Notarnicola*
Dave McGuire – *Nominated by Chris Fala*
Jason Perkins – *Nominated by Evan Koblentz*
Click here for position statements.
Vote by using the link found through the mailing list.
Nominations for committee members can be made simply by communicating the
nomination via email to a committee member (email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
To be eligible for the election, the prospective nominee must then accept the nomination by replying in the affirmative to the nomination email. One nomination per member can be made. Members may also self-nominate. An updated list of eligible nominees will be published weekly.
Nominations close November 26th.
Voting will commence on November 28th
Voting will close at 11:59 pm on December 6th
Winners will be announced at 1:00 pm, December 12th
*4. COMMITTEE ELECTIONS*
Steering committee membership includes representation of VCF membership, as
determined by the VCF governing board and VCF-MA sponsored elections.
• The committee membership will be determined by elections to be held on a
yearly basis (currently December.)
• Committee membership is ideally comprised of five people but may vary due
to various circumstances.
• Two seats will be up for election in every cycle, unless additional
vacancies create the need for seats to be filled, in which case all vacant seats will be up for
election in that cycle.
• Nominations for committee members can be made by current members in good
standing simply by communicating the nomination to a committee member. One
nomination per member can be made. Said members may also self-nominate.
• In the case of off-cycle vacancies, the committee may move to, without an
election, appoint new committee members to fill the seats until the next scheduled election.
• A committee chairperson will be appointed by the committee members within
30 days of each completed election cycle.
• Prospective committee members should be knowledgeable in some aspect of
preferably vintage computers, and show a demonstrated interest in vintage
computing, computing history, and museum management and governance.
• In order to be sufficiently aware and have proper perspective of museum
and warehouse issues, prospective committee members should be able to physically attend
VCF events at least quarterly.
VCF general membership is open and granted to anyone who joins the mailing
list. Voting rights will be granted to active members who register for the
mailing list no less than 30 days before the election.