Following are the rules and registration process for VCF East.
- Selling is not allowed in the exhibit hall. Please limit any sales to the consignment room.
- All exhibits must have a theme (examples: a timeline, all accessories for your favorite single computer, systems of a certain CPU, systems of a certain category, your favorite software, something homebrewed, etc.) — the key is to avoid a table of random thing.
- Try to be at your table as much as possible. We provide guest passes so you can bring a friend or helper. We frown on unstaffed exhibit tables.
- Within reason, most/all of your demo should be up-and-running. VCF East is a hands-on event.
- Exhibits must be present for both days of the exhibit hall and the whole time for each time. Exhibits are not allowed to be set up after the event opens to the public nor taken down before the event closes, unless you have prior approval from VCF West producer Erik Klein.
- Strive to make your exhibit look good. Include posters, literature, manuals, accessories, and so on. But keeping these things simple is also good: don’t worry about spending a lot of money.
- Exhibits cost $25 per table. First-time exhibitors get one free table. Exhibitors who need more than one table will receive a discount. There is no formal limit to the number of tables you can reserve, however VCF West management will evaluate your request vs. available space and the items you wish to display.
- Bonus rule! HAVE FUN. It’s fine if your exhibit is simple, for example your Commodore 64, or if others are doing similar themes. Just do your best to make it special and to reflect your own interests and personality.